Terms and Conditions
By creating an account on Brick Owl you agree to the below terms and conditions. These conditions may change at any time.
- You may only have one account per person.
- You must provide current and accurate details within your account.
- Any content submitted to Brick Owl should not be inappropriate or offensive.
Brick Owl provides a marketplace service to allow customers to connect with stores selling LEGO and LEGO related items. We are not involved in the transaction between customers and stores and as such cannot provide any guarantees about customer, stores, or the items that stores advertise. By using Brick Owl you agree not to hold responsible or make claims against Brick Owl for any failures by customers or stores using the Brick Owl marketplace. Brick Owl reserves the right to terminate service to any member at any time for any reason without notice if it deems it necessary.
The textual data only contained within the Brick Owl Catalog is made available under the Open Database License: http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/.
- By submitting content to Brick Owl you agree to grant Brick Owl a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable copyright license to use, display and share the content in any way that is deemed appropriate by Brick Owl.
- Any use of the Brick Owl data must be attributed to Brick Owl by name and with a link back to Brick Owl.
Catalog points can be awarded for any catalog submissions.
- Points are only awarded for approved submissions. The decision of whether to approve is taken by the catalog administrators.
- Unless stated otherwise, physical prizes will be shipped worldwide where a postal service is available, without charge.
- Unless stated otherwise, all physical prizes are limited to one per household.
- The prizes available and how many points are required may change at any time without notice.
- The amount of points awarded for a submission may change without notice.
- Yearly prizes can be exchanged for their cash equivalent based on their RRP.
- The winners of yearly prizes will be contacted in January the following year.
- If a prize is unavailable it may be substituted for a similarly priced item.
- When orders are placed in your store, you must either fulfil the order, or inform the customer you are unable to fulfil the order and provide a refund.
- Stores must not be unable to fulfil orders, or cancel orders on a regular basis.
- Stores must ship orders in a timely manner.
- Store quality settings must always accurately reflect the current store status, for example despatch time.
- All forms of interaction from customers should be responded to in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to orders, order statuses, quotes and messages.
- Stores may be suspended for any reason without notice. This action will usually only be taken in relation to suspected fraud or poor store standards.
- Failure to maintain good standards in your store may result in your store being delisted from the main Brick Owl website, temporarily suspended, or banned depending on the nature of the issue.
- All items listed in your store must be kept on hand, you may be required to provide evidence of items listed in your store. Customised items, for example engraved items, are not included in this rule.
- Orders must be shipped to the shipping address on the order unless otherwise agreed with the customer.
- One household may not run more than one store without prior permission.
- Stores are charged a commission according to the details here.
- You should not attempt to drive traffic from Brick Owl to other websites, for example by linking to other websites from your store pages, or store name etc. This also applies to including marketing material for other websites within orders to Brick Owl customers. Exceptions are allowed for things such as social media pages and blogs.
Feedback left about an order should be a true representation of your order experience.
- It must not contain any personally identifiable information.
- It must not contain any profanity.
- It must not be retaliatory.
- It must not be about local tax issues, such as import charges.
- Any item of feedback may be removed for any reason if it is deemed to be have been given in bad faith.
Brick Owl uses an electronic messaging system to facilitate communication between Brick Owl members.
- All messages sent through the messaging system are stored on Brick Owl servers.
- Messages can be read by Brick Owl administrators for fraud prevention and standards monitoring purposes.
The materials on Brick Owl's web site are provided "as is". Brick Owl makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Brick Owl does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Brick Owl or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Brick Owl's Internet site, even if Brick Owl or a Brick Owl authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.